About Us

My photo
The purpose of our blog is to share our journey through life with family and friends while we leave our mark on this world. Our 20's have been very kind to us and as we enter the 30's we are hoping to continue to enjoy our time in this thing we call life. I should have called this blog "Traveling through Life".

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Week 4 Exhaustion

They say when you are dieting/exercising that you are suppose to keep a journal so I've decided this will be it.
There isn't really too much to say about week 3 of the biggest loser, it was pretty steady and I was able to jog at least 30 minutes without stopping for every workout. Week 4 is another story. I thought this was suppose to be easier with time but a major case of exhaustion has kicked in. Sunday started out ok. We hiked a 6 mile trail in Terre Haute and I even ran a little of it. But every workout this week I have had to force myself to jog the 30 minutes that I did all last week. I think my body is telling me that I need a day off since I workout 6 days a week but I'm mentally not ready for that. I can't figure out what's going on. I've tried drinking more water and stretching more but I am still very tired. Friday will be my rest day and I am looking forward to it.
This past weekend was our first chance to test ourselves while visiting family in Terre Haute. For three weeks we have been in our routine at home and been able to still eat healthy on the weekends. We did pretty good this weekend and there wasn't an increase on the scale from it.
This next weekend is an even bigger test when we go to Fowler where there's a lot of good food and we usually stay there longer. Fowler in the fall at my mother-in-laws could be trouble, but luckily she's in the competition too.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I here you sister! I've been exhausted this week! I didn't work out at all at the retreat, and it was mentally hard to get back into it after 4 days off. I did manage to do a workout video yesterday, and ran/walked w/Lulu today. It's still heat stoke city down here, so I probably won't do that again :)

Amanda said...

aww LuLu, I Love that. That will have to be my new nickname for her :)

Sara Nagel said...

You are doing great! Keep it up! It can be so hard to exercise when you are tired and its so dark when you wake up and gets darker earlier. I am proud of you! I hope to talk to you soon! I miss you lots!

Grandma Wanda said...

Just for the record - they did great eating in Fowler! Playing cards with no snacks can be hard, but we did it anyway:) LuLus Grandma