About Us

My photo
The purpose of our blog is to share our journey through life with family and friends while we leave our mark on this world. Our 20's have been very kind to us and as we enter the 30's we are hoping to continue to enjoy our time in this thing we call life. I should have called this blog "Traveling through Life".

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Two Weeks Postpartum

Two weeks have gone by way too fast. I can't believe I have a newborn baby. He is doing really well according to his pediatrician. Once we worked through some breastfeeding struggles he is finally starting to gain weight. He settled in to a routine pretty quickly although as a newborn he is still unpredictable.
 
I am adjusting pretty well. The first week was rough because emotions were high and I was running off of very little sleep.  I would say my physical recovery has been fast. I really felt back to myself while we were still in the hospital. I have had the hardest time adjusting to the demands of breastfeeding though. It by far has been the hardest part of this whole experience. I would go through labor 5 times over than experience my first week of nursing again. Luckily I asked for help early and things are getting better.
I gained 33 lbs while pregnant and I am about 10 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm sure breastfeeding is responsible for a lot of it.
 
As they say things are getting better every day!

 


1 comment:

Sara Nagel said...

You are absolutely glowing! Jackson is adorable and you look beautiful as ever!