About Us

My photo
The purpose of our blog is to share our journey through life with family and friends while we leave our mark on this world. Our 20's have been very kind to us and as we enter the 30's we are hoping to continue to enjoy our time in this thing we call life. I should have called this blog "Traveling through Life".

Saturday, May 21, 2011

We've made it to 4!

Thursday was our 4th wedding anniversary and although the weather tried to be similar to our wedding day I don't think we will ever be able to reproduce how awesome that day was for us. This milestone is a fun little one because we've been together twice as long as we've been married, we will never get to say that again. We officially became a couple in May so this is a special month for us. I think I celebrated our 8 years together more than our wedding anniversary......I want credit for the 4 years before marriage....don't those count for something too? It's where you are really feeling out the person to see if they are the one you want for your whole life. It's where you can walk away at any time with no strings attached.......I think it's a critical time in a relationship. Lucky for us I have to say that our whole time together has been pretty easy and the big reason why..........I could go on and on about the things we truly love about each other but I will make it plain and simple.........we both want to live a drama free life together! There can be drama around us all day long but we refuse to let it into our relationship. Plus we just make a really good team.



On thursday night we made homemade gnocchi together and went for a bike ride. Tonight we are going to our favorite Italian restaurant in Zionsville to celebrate more. This restaurant is also special to us because it is the place we went the night we got engaged.




Roses for me is always a nice touch!



For breakfast I made some "anniversary" muffins. My own special recipe.

Loaded Blueberry Streusel Muffins(makes 12)
1 3/4 cups flour, I used whole wheat
1/3 cup sugar or brown rice syrup
2 teasp baking powder
1/4 teasp salt
1 teasp vanilla
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup milk of choice
1/3 cooking oil
~ 1 cup blueberries

Streusel topping:
3 tblsp flour
3 tblsp brown sugar
1/2 teasp cinnamon
2 tblsp butter


Grease muffin cups. Preheat oven to 400. Combine all muffin ingrediants in a bowl and mix well. Spoon into muffin tins. To prepare topping placing ingrediants in a small bowl and cut the butter into dry ingrediants until it makes a crumble mix. Sprinke topping over each muffin. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool before removing.


No comments: