About Us

My photo
The purpose of our blog is to share our journey through life with family and friends while we leave our mark on this world. Our 20's have been very kind to us and as we enter the 30's we are hoping to continue to enjoy our time in this thing we call life. I should have called this blog "Traveling through Life".

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial weekend with a project on the "side".

Maybe I should say our whole holiday weekend consisted of a project but I'll start with Friday before all the madness kicked in. Although Friday night was cold and drizzling rain I was determined to grill out! So I put on my jacket and fired up the grill. This dinner was delicious! I marinated everything in caribbean jerk seasoning.



Grilled Veggies! Yum!




Ok on to the craziness. The heat really kicked up this weekend and we were outside the whole 3 days building our pergola which we finished thank you very much! We did notice that we were the only crazy people in our neighborhood who were outside yesterday in the 90 degrees...but we are young right??



Here is our plain old yard before:



Ta da!







Yep we did that. Mostly just the two of us but we did have to call in some extra muscle for some of the pieces. Our backyard transformation will probably happen in phases. This was phase 1 and we are not quite done. We are going to add some other "architectural feature" boards hopefully this week. Phase 2 will be purchasing a nice patio set which I have never done before. Super excited about that! I can't wait to eat breakfast outside. Phases 3, 4 and so on I want to spruce up our patio by maybe expanding it or building a deck off to the side. We are not sure what we want to do but we are happy with what we have finished so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks so cool! I can't wait to see it in person and have some of those grilled veggies. :)

Kelly said...

Very impressed. A little disappointed that we just let you guys play w/the kids when you were here instead of building stuff around our house :)