About Us

My photo
The purpose of our blog is to share our journey through life with family and friends while we leave our mark on this world. Our 20's have been very kind to us and as we enter the 30's we are hoping to continue to enjoy our time in this thing we call life. I should have called this blog "Traveling through Life".

Thursday, November 14, 2013

36 weeks

November 8th.
Wow! 4 weeks left….or less.

At this week’s check-up she said I have made more progress. Last time I was technically 2.5 cm but she had to enter a whole number in her system so she told me 3. I was also 50% effaced. This week I am a loose 3 cm and 70% effaced and he is at station 0. Once again this could mean nothing but she strongly urged me not to stay home too long when labor starts because she does not know how fast I will progress. My plan has been to stay at home as long as possible to avoid being on the hospitals clock but I will listen to her advice because I am now somewhat afraid of not making it to the hospital. I jokingly asked her if I will be the woman walking around at 7cm with no labor. She said probably not and that labor usually starts when a woman hits 5cm. She said I now need to stay close to home because it really could be anytime but she thinks maybe I’ll be one or two weeks early.

All of this excitement is the opposite of what I thought would actually be going on at 36 weeks. As much as I have been against internal exams until labor actually starts, in this situation I think it is good that we have this information so we can make sure we are ready and have a plan.



Our best attempt at a silhouette photo. Silhouette's are my favorite!

No comments: