About Us

My photo
The purpose of our blog is to share our journey through life with family and friends while we leave our mark on this world. Our 20's have been very kind to us and as we enter the 30's we are hoping to continue to enjoy our time in this thing we call life. I should have called this blog "Traveling through Life".

Thursday, June 20, 2013

13 weeks

May 31st.
Our baby has fingerprints this week! This is a big accomplishment for this forensic science nerd.

In the first trimester the baby’s growth is very minimal because the vital organs are developing. Now is the time that its rate of growth is the fastest. From last week to this week it grew 1 inch putting them at 3 inches. That is huge considering it takes 12 weeks just to reach 2 inches. My point in saying all this is I have noticed! Right at the start of this week my jeans were very uncomfortable. I don’t visibly look pregnant yet but at this rate of growth it won’t be much longer.

We had our 2nd prenatal visit this week. The Dr. found the heartbeat instantly and she said it sounded perfect between 140-150 beats. She said my blood pressure and weight were great and the blood work showed that my vegetarian diet is providing excellent protein and iron to the baby. I told her some important delivery wishes I had and she supported them. She said as long as no emergencies arise then they will let me labor however I choose to.



No comments: